Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Getting Back to Basics

Well the time has come that I need to slow down and take a few breaths of fresh air. I have not had the greatest week. I am starting to feel better ...but had to face a few realities. The first ....is that I could possibly have to undergo another surgery. Without going through all the anatomical details ....because of the several surgeries I have had in the past two years .....adhesion's resulted. Those adhesion's are causing some "communication problems" in my doctors words. So I will be dealing with those issues over the next several months. I am however starting to feel better and am so anxious to get back to work .....hopefully tomorrow.

So ...because I carry so many things on my back ...most of my own doing. I have made the decision with the support of loving husband Robert to slow down a bit ....and get back to basics. Although I did very well with my eBay store, my podcasting shows and those things associated with "Pink Camo" ....it has been a drain on my energy.

Today, I will be going through the motions if "getting things back to basics" ..you may have already noticed a change in my blog.

We made a list of all my extra activities ..outside the basics of home, family and work ..and put that list priority order. There were a few things I don't want to give up because they bring me such joy ....and that is my spiritual path I am on ..and the other is my personal scrapbooking.

There have been several avenues I have taken with scrapbooking .....my teaching podcast, being a consultant with close to my heart, and my own personal scrapping ...of which I have had no time for. So ...I am making time for it.

The most important thing on my list was my spiritual growth. I am looking forward to see how things unfold for me over the next few years.

eBay ....as it was a supplement to our income and I had several customers ..I am closing my store front. Which also means I will not be selling Mary Kay. If someone wants something ...I can still get it for them at least for the next several months. But at the end of that contract I will let it expire.

Avon ...I am keeping it. I like it. It's fun. And requires very little effort.

So ..that is the jist of things. I will also keep my blog going so that our friends and family can read what we are doing. I am also keeping my flickr site listed ...cause I can't see myself not taking pictures any time soon.

So ...here I go ....I am "GETTING MYSELF BACK TO BASICS".

No comments: