Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend ....Nice!




We had a very nice, relaxing and fun Memorail Day weekend. It would have been a nice weekend for camping ...but who would have known the weather was going to be so beautiful.


On Saturday Robert, Brittany and myself went to our extended family's ..the Lemley homestead for the traditional Memorial Day, cookout, chill out, very fun get together. I was able to get many good pictures ...as I knew I would. Click HERE to view a slide show of all the pictures in my flickr folder.



Chef Ron did the cooking on the gril ..and cover dishes were brought. I could have easily grabbed a few of them and taken off. The food was fantastic!



On Sunday we went back over for leftovers with Ron and his parents and ended the evening with a four wheeler ride up on the hill to the camp site and back. Alicia was with her mom so she didn't get to join us for this ride ...but Brittany took her place for the evening on the back of Ron's four wheeler. When we got to the camp site ...the view was breath taking as usual .... Being there brought mixed emotions. I can't wait for camping ....and I am so VERYmuch looking forward to the peace, tranquility and the cood times the newly named "Paradise Mountain" provides. However, it will take some getting use to not having "my buddy" there. Actually, this past weekend was the first get together there that I did not burst into tears. So ..maybe I am making progress.

Whatever sad feeling I was having was soon ended by watching the two George of the Jungles swing on a grapvide ..its a damn good thing that it didn't break! Click on the "Play" button to watch the two cavemen.





Any how ..here are a few pictures that I took from the campsite. The four wheeler ride was ended with Ron putting Brittany at the helm and let her do a little driving.







Today, I think we are going to just piddle around. I have some ebay things I need to get done today so I can stop at the post office in the morning on the way to work.

No comments: