Friday, December 29, 2006

End of the Year Tidbits

Things have been a little crazy these past few weeks and I haven't had time for any blogging or podcasting. There are many things that have happened that once again deserves an individual post ....but I am going to to this in tidbit fashion to get everyone up to speed.

* I lost a cousin a few days ago due to a horrible plane accident. I will be attending the memorial service tomorrow morning with my family. My best memory of Diane was seeing her work in the Emergency Department ...I always got "special" treatment when I was in there.

* Our Christmas was really nice. I had a different Christmas spirit this year ...one of giving. Maybe its age but I got such delight in making gifts and giving them. Robert, Brittany and I had our traditional Christmas morning race to the tree ...and Robert won. I had switched alliance and was in cahoots with Brittany ...but we were outwitted. Maybe nest year.

* On a sad note ...our best friends are getting a divorce. This has been extremely hard on many people as well as myself. I am feeling such a great loss, anger and hurt feelings myself. I didn't want to believe that it was happening ...I had a lot of faith in their marriage and never thought it would come to this. I also had higher hopes that she would confided in me as a friend.

* I took Brittany and Alicia shopping the day after Christmas ....we had a really good time. I found some excellent after Christmas sales.

* We are having a New Year's get together. New Year's Eve is a Lemley tradition ....but we are taking it over this year to take the load off of Ron and try to cheer him up a bit. I hope this will be a good year for him and that he finds happiness around the next corner.

* I have done some scrapbooking this week ....which is hobby that I really enjoy. I have been getting into Scrapbooking more than usual and have stepped my hobby up a few notches.

* The weekend is supposed to be nice so hopefully we will be able to take the four wheeler out some for some off road fun.

* Brittany and I wrote down our new years resolutions today ....I will post them here in the blog after New Years.


Well ...I think that about covers it for now. We hope that everyone has a happy and safe New Years.

No comments: