Sunday, June 08, 2008

Relay For Life




As you have read in a previous post ..this was my first year participating in the American Cancer Society Relay For Live event here in Morgantown West Virginia. I truly believe that this participation was just the start of many years to come. It was moving, touching, inspirational and just down right fun. It was such a wonder to watch so many people in my community come together for a cause that effects each one of us in some way. I was also proud of Brittany for her particiaption ..I think she out walked most of us. When looking in the crown of participants, white shirts were people like myself, red shirts were team captains, and purple shirts were survivors. It saddened me to see so many people shirts, some of which were people I knew ....and a good happy feeling as well ...for they have battled the storm and were there to participate. Anyhow ...I could go on and on ...but I will stop here. With some final last words ....if you know me personally, expect me to be recruiting you next year to get out there and walk for a cure.

No comments: